Risk & Insurance Coordinator
Why work with Achieve Australia
Achieve Australia pride themselves on living our passion, purpose, and principles and bringing inclusion to life for people with disability.
For many of their staff making a real difference to the lives of people with disability and working with a great, supportive teams is its own reward.
Achieve Australia offers benefits such as:
- Salary sacrifice options including Fringe Benefits Tax and car leasing
- Access to personal and financial counselling for you and your family
- A range of paid leave and flexible working options
- Support to stay fit and health with fitness memberships and access to wellness programs
Primary Purpose of the position
The Risk & Insurance Coordinator coordinates and supports a range of risk management and insurance responsibilities. This position coordinates the implementation of the Risk Management Policy, Risk Management Framework and Risk Assessment process, including supporting managers and staff to manage their ownership of risks, controls and compliance obligations.
This position also coordinates our general insurance program, including managing insurance claims, service requests, triaging the insurance inbox and liaising with our insurance broker and the various insurers who provide insurance coverage for Achieve Australia.
At Achieve it's more than just a job.
You have the chance to change lives and bring inclusion to life every day.
Achieve Australia's focus is their people; the people they support, and the team they employ, that they value most. Achieve Australia offer a career you can be proud of and a place where you feel safe to be yourself. Achieve Australia invest
in their workforce and appreciate the rich diversity they represent of life experience, languages and culture. Achieve Austrlaia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, they are a registered NDIS provider offering integrated clinical, health, social and disability services in accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in the Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW.
Achieve Australia are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
The position will focus approximately 40% on risk management and 60% on insurance related activities. The position has no direct reports. The role requires demonstrated experience in risk management, general insurance, claims management and strong customer service, interpersonal and influencing skills.
Risk Management responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of the Risk Management Policy and Framework, including supporting managers and staff when they undertake risk assessments.
- Coordinate, conduct and review Risk Assessments.
- Coordinate, review and maintain the Enterprise Risk Register, including maintenance of the Risk Register SharePoint site.
- Coordinate ISO & Australian Risk Management Standards requirements.
- Coordinate 2nd line of defence control effectiveness & assurance reviews.
- Coordinate and deliver Risk Management Training, in liaison with the Learning Team.
- Coordinate Risk Management Workshops, both face to face and online, as required.
- Promote a no-blame Risk Culture, in accordance with our No-Blame Risk Culture Statement.
- Support the implementation of the Business Resilience Framework.
- Support the ICT team in the maintenance and reporting of Cyber Security Risks and the IT Disaster Recovery Plan, including training, exercises & reviews.
- Coordinate the development of the Crisis Management Plan, including training, exercises & reviews.
- Support managers and staff in maintaining their Business Continuity Plans, including training, exercises & reviews.
- Liaise with the Safety & Wellbeing team to ensure that Business Continuity Plans are linked to Emergency & Disaster Management Plans.
- Coordinate the annual Fraud Risk Assessment.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain the Fraud Control Plan.
- Coordinate and undertake Fraud Investigations, as required.
- Coordinate and maintain the Compliance Register.
- Liaise regularly with the insurance broker and various other insurers.
- Coordinate the annual insurance renewal process.
- Coordinate and maintain the Insurance SharePoint site and related resources.
- Coordinate and maintain up-to-date insurance policies on the Insurance SharePoint site.
- Coordinate and maintain the Insurance Manual, in conjunction with the insurance broker.
- Coordinate and maintain insurance Certificates of Currency and respond to service requests.
- Coordinate insurance notifications & disclosures to the insurance broker and various insurers, as required.
- Manage the insurance mailbox
- Coordinate/manage all insurance claims relating to the general insurance program, including:
- Management Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Motor Vehicle
- Personal Accident
- Public Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Travel and Journey
- Coordinate the Motor Vehicle Risk Management Program.
- Liaise with the Fleet Manager regarding Motor Vehicle Claims
- Liaise with Finance regarding claim excess payments.
- Coordinate monthly Insurance Broker meetings.