Certified Practising Risk Associate® – (CPRA®) (12 Months+ Experience in Risk Management)
- Are you interested in a career in risk management?
- Do you have 1-3 years’ experience in risk management?
- Would you like to set yourself apart with a risk qualification?
Here are some compelling reasons why you should consider becoming a Certified Practicing Risk Associate® (CPRA®):
- Jump to the head of the queue when being shortlisted for jobs.
The CPRA provides the recognition and confirmation to potential employers that you have formal risk knowledge and training.
- The certification process confirms professional achievements.
Earning the CPRA can assist you with preparing for positions of increasing responsibility or transition to a dynamic career in risk.
- CPRAs have access to continuing education and networking opportunities.
CPRAs will join a unique community of like-minded professionals.
- Talk the same language.
CPRAs will speak the same language as other risk professionals. The CPRA is a trusted process that ensures that only people who really understand and practice risk are certified.
We have tailored our Certifications to enable those in Risk Roles to enter our ceritifcation from a variety of pathways.
- Financial Member of RMIA
- Abide by the RMIA Code of Ethics
- Pass the examination
- Adhere to annual CPD requirements of 20 points
|RMIA Education Pathway||Academic Pathway||Alternate Pathway|
|Criteria||12 Months + experience in a risk management related role.||12 Months + experience in a risk management related role AND Completed an undergraduate qualification in risk management at an Australian university or TEQSA - approved institution||12 months + experience in a risk management related role AND/OR have completed a course (Certificate IV in Risk Management or Diploma in Risk Management) with an endorsed RMIA course provider)|
|RMIA's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Course (+exam)||As Above||Completion of RMIA endorsed course|
|Application Process||Enrolment in RMIA course and exam||Enrolment in RMIA exam||Completion of RMIA endorsed course|
|Cost of examination||$330||$330||N/A|
|Annual Renewal fee||$115||$115||$115|
The CPRA® exam is offered online. A pre-requisite of the CPRA® exam is either attending RMIA’s Enterprise Risk Management course or recognition of prior learning.
As part of the examination process for CPRA®, candidates need to be familiar with RMIA’s Risk Management Body of Knowledge (RMBoK). Upon applying for CPRA® members have access to the documents below, to study prior to the exam:
- RMBoK Domain 1 – Communication and Consultation V2.3
- RMBoK Domain 2 – Establish the Context V2.3
- RMBoK Domain 3 – Risk Assessment V2.3
- RMBoK Domain 4 – Risk Treatment V2.3
- RMBoK Domain 5 – Monitoring and Reviewing V2.3
- RMBoK Domain 6 – Governance V1.8