Certified Practising Risk Manager - CPRM® (5+ Years’ Experience in Risk Management)
CPRM® certification has been developed to meet the demand for qualified risk professionals with a depth of relevant experience. Organisations are placing greater reliance on having competent risk managers to guide the design and implementation of the risk management framework. A CPRM® is to have knowledge of how to integrate risk management into business processes and systems within an organisation. Further, they need to demonstrate the application of risk across a broad range of risk management fields, for example, governance, people, customers and markets, operations, supply/procurement etc.
RMIA CPRM Exam Application Form (Upload online when you "Create Your CPRM Application")
Five Reasons Why You Should Consider Becoming a Certified Practising Risk Manager (CPRM®)
- A CPRM® qualification guarantees a currency of risk management knowledge and professional support for your organisation. Like other industry certifications the CPRM® adds a level of professionalism and trust.
- Candidates will gain state-of-the art knowledge. The CPRM® exam is designed to test concepts associated with Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management. The CPRM® certification has direct and ongoing input from leading risk professionals and risk practitioners from around the world
- The certification process confirms professional achievements. Earning your CPRM® certification can help you prepare for positions of increasing responsibility or transition to a dynamic career in risk. Real world experience is an essential component of attaining CPRM® certification – so becoming a CPRM means considerably more than passing an exam.
- CPRMs have access to continuing education and networking opportunities. CPRMs will join a unique community of like-minded professionals with numerous continuing education and networking activities
- CPRMs enhance their reputation for integrity. All CPRMs are expected to adhere to principles that promote the highest levels of ethical conduct and disclosure. Employers know that CPRMs will help safeguard their organisation’s reputation.
It is not a CPRM® Competency requirement to develop and implement risk management enterprise-wide or for a portfolio of projects, though it would be advantageous if a CPRM® candidate had this experience.
We have tailored our Certifications to enable those in Risk Roles to enter our ceritifcation from a variety of pathways.
- Financial Member of RMIA
- Abide by the RMIA code of ethics
- Pass the examination
- Adhere to the annual CPD requirement of 20 points
|RMIA Education Pathway||Academic Pathway||Alternate Pathway|
|Criteria||5+ years' experience in a middle or senior risk management role.||3 years' experience in a risk management role AND completed a postgraduate qualification in risk management at an Australian Univeristy or TEQSA-approved institution||3+ years' experience in a risk management role AND either hold an existing CPRM licence or completion of a Diploma in Risk Management from an endorsed course provider.|
|Entry pre-requisities||2- day RMIA management of enterprise Risk course (+ exam)||As above||Completion of endorsed RMIA provider's course or exisitng CPRM|
|Application process||Enrolment in RMIA course and exam||Enrolment in exam||Completion of endorsed RMIA provider's course or existing CPRM|
|Cost of Examination||$330||$330||N/A|
|Annual Renewal fee||$240||$240||$240|
The CPRM® exam is offered as an online exam and can be taken at any time to suit your needs. You will be given the information regarding the online exam via email which will be sent to you once you have completed the application form. A pre-requisite of the new CPRM® exam is either attending RMIA’s 2 day Management of Enterprise Risk course or recognition of prior learning.
The following CPRM® application must be completed and uploaded with a copy of your resume as part of the online application process.
RMIA CPRM EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
Please note that the RMIA CPRM® Examination Application Form must be completed prior to applying. You must also provide a most recent copy of your resume.
As part of the examination process for CPRM®, candidates need to be familiar with RMIA’s Risk Management Body of Knowledge (RMBoK). Please review the documents below prior to the exam: