- RMIA Training Partner Courses with CPD
- About RMIA Courses
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance and Compliance Risk Management
- Controls Design and Controls Assurance
- Designing, Assessing and Benchmarking your ERM Framework against Best Practice
- Embedding Risk Culture
- Getting Accurate with Risk Analysis
- Incident Management
- Managing Critical Controls
- Mastering Risk Workshop Facilitation
- Persuasive Adviser Program
- Risk and Control Self Assessment
- Risk Appetite: Statements and Frameworks
- Risk Metrics and KRIs
- Root Cause and Risk Bow Tie Analysis
- External RMIA Endorsed Courses
- RMIA Certifications
- RMIA Awards
- Job Opportunities
Enterprise Risk Management
All organisations, no matter whether private, government or not-for-profit have one thing in common – they all take risk to achieve their goals.
Unfortunately, too many organisations either don’t have any formal approach to considering the risks they are taking, or they utilise forms of risk management that are below par. That is, they are not in line with the principles and guidelines of better practice as defined in AS ISO 31000.
The purpose of the course is to provide you with the requisite knowledge to design, implement and operate enterprise risk programs for the successful management of organisational risk.
Introducing AS ISO 31000:2018
- The course is aligned to the international standard on risk.
- The standard is a guideline for any organisation that can be adapted to suit the needs of the organisation.
- It provides principles, framework and process for managing organisational risk.
- Understand the principles that underlie an efficient and effective approach to the management of organisational risk and the value it brings to the organisation.
- Understand the core elements and benefits of a framework for integrating risk management into the governance and operations of an organisation.
- Understanding of the risk management process and how to apply it to organisations of differing size and complexity.
Format of the Course
Please note that this course is now being delivered online. Attendees will receive a zoom invitation to participate in the 'face-to-face' aspect of the course online after registering. We can assure you that despite being online, we provide a high quality experience presented by Bryan Whitefield, a leader in the risk industry and a certified virtual presenter. To view testimonials on the success of Bryan's online RMIA tutorials below.
- One Day Online Self-Paced Learning - Develop a technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops
- Clarify and embed technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Tips and tricks on enterprise risk management including on:
- Assessing the quality of an organisation’s approach to risk
- What makes a good risk assessment
- The key to communicating and consulting on risk
Part One: One Day Online Self-Paced Learning. All PAID registrants receive an email with details on how to get started. Please allow 6-8 hours to complete this component PRIOR to the two online workshops.
Part Two: Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops facilitated by Bryan Whitefield
Note: this can be done in sections allowing you to pick and choose when you work on the program in the lead up to the two half day online workshops.
Bryan Whitefield is a management consultant operating since 2001, specialising in risk-based decision making and influencing decision makers, born from his more than twenty years of facilitating executive and board workshops. Bryan’s experience as a risk practitioner includes the design and implementation of risk management programs for more than 150 organisations across the public, private and not-for- profit sectors. Bryan is the author of DECIDE: How to Manage the Risk in Your Decision Making, and Winning Conversations: How to turn red tape into blue ribbon and was President and Chair of the RMIA from 2013 – 2015. He is licenced by the RMIA as a Certified Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) and is the designer and facilitator of their flagship Enterprise Risk Course since 2019.
Find upcoming ERM Course Dates here: https://www.rmia.org.au/events
Time: 6-8hrs self-paced, then 3.5 hours x 2 Half Day Online Learning Workshops
Location: Online Zoom Meeting
CPD Points: 12
PRICE: RMIA Members: $1,875.00 incl.GST
Non-Members: $2,500.00 incl.GST
RMIA Accreditation Pathway: Upon completion of the RMIA's Enterprise Risk Management course, participants will be eligible to sit the exam to become a Certified Practising Risk Associate (CPRA®) or the Certified Practising Risk Manager (CPRM®) accreditation. To apply for Certification click here.
CPRA & CPRM Application, Exam & Certification for the first year: $330.00 incl.GST
The Enterprise Risk Management Course is proudly supported by
Hear from fellow risk professionals their thoughts of our Enterprise Risk Management Course which they completed 100% online:
‘The way we could effortlessly and easily move into rooms to discuss issues in a smaller group and to undertake the exercises was really quite effective and broke up the nature of the course so it wasn’t all just having information told to us. I thought that worked quite effectively’
- Gareth Sebar - Assistant Secretary: Risk and Claims Branch at Australian Government Department of Finance
‘It was very comprehensive, just the right amount of being casual and asking everyone for their questions, to break out rooms which were cool, so it wasn’t continuously monotonous with you talking and us listening. You guided us to keep our mind on the run, to actively think and share. I really also liked the opportunity to see what the other departments were doing, especially the Department of Home Affairs so that was very useful, as well as seeing the different sizes of organisations gave perspective on how risk is viewed and approached.’
- Nisha Mohan: ACIC
‘It wasn’t only the theory, but the application across different organisations. So you didn’t walk away with just the view of how it works in your organisation, you saw how adaptable things were and how they worked across different organisations. In general, the whole concept of online learning is great. This is remarkably efficient and I for one am appreciative of the efforts being made of putting together a course like this, especially at short notice because of COVID-19 disruption.”
- Mike Gouws: Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
‘I loved how the pre-online course really broke down the standard for me. Any ISO document can be confusing in parts, but you put it in sensible terms and I could relate and see where that was happening in my organisation.’
- Simone Davey: JAZ-ANZ
'I thought it was excellent. I must admit I was a bit disappointed that it was going to be online because I was really looking forward to this. I’ve read his books and I thought I’d miss out on the one-on-one engagement, but I found with this format I actually got to know a lot of you guys better and how he structured it was amazing, so I’m very happy and I think he did it really well.'
- Anne Cheng: Manager Advisory Services, Moore Stephens
'My apprehension for doing this online I think was based upon how a lot of online work can sometimes be which is: people don’t have their cameras on, they’re multi-tasking, they’re not paying attention … but by setting up some house rules and getting people to have their cameras on, making break out rooms, and the ability to engage with Bryan, but also everyone else, has been excellent through this. And certainly the power tools that you’ve been using in zoom, it’s been great.'
- Scott-Marshall Harper: Non Executive Director, Inclusion