Enterprise Risk Management – Bringing it to Life by Turning Theory into Practice
An RMIA Virtual Course in partnership with The Protecht Group.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is all about managing the full range of enterprise risks in a consistent, common, and integrated way so as you deliver a complete aggregated view of risk across the organisation. The key is moving from a siloed, risk and business area centric view of risk to one that is truly enterprise wide.
This course provides the complete jigsaw puzzle that is ERM, covering in a practical way, the elements that make up a strong ERM capability from Governance, People and Culture, Escalation and Reporting and Continuous Improvement, through to a focus on all of the typical systems and processes that need to be in place. These include Risk Assessment, Risk Metrics, Incident Management, Controls Assurance, Issues and Actions Management and Compliance. The course will build an ERM ecosystem that sets out the complete picture of practical ERM to enable you to develop a blueprint in order to benchmark your current framework and capabilities and assist you in developing your strategy for your Enterprise Risk Management going into the next decade.
- Clearly defining and articulating the objectives, purpose, uses and value add of ERM
- Moving Risk Management from Hindrance to Outcome Management as an Enabler
- Having a clear understanding of risk and controls, their components and types.
- Using Risk Bow Tie Analysis
- Creating a strong risk taxonomy of risk and control libraries
3. HOW? Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- The overall ERM ecosystem / framework. The “jigsaw”
- Integrating with, and linking to, Strategy and Objectives
- The importance of linking through critical processes
- The key parts of the framework
- Framework components
- Processes and Systems
- People and Culture
- Escalation, Reporting and Response
- Continuous Improvement
4. How? Governance
- Risk Appetite
- Three Lines Model
- Frameworks and Policies
- Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
5. How? Processes and Systems
- Risk Assessment and stress testing
- Incident Management
- Risk Metrics
- Issues and Actions
- Controls Assurance
6. Escalation, Reporting and Response
- Dynamic and Integrated Risk Reporting and Analytics
- Using for Assurance and Early Warning
- Using for Decision Making
7. Continuous Improvement
- Issues and Actions Management
- Risk Treatment
- Everyone’s a Risk Manager
- Risk Culture
- Roles, Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Ownership
9. Where to Next?
- Maturing your Risk Management Framework
- Areas of focus
- Keys to success
Format of the Course
This course is delivered in an entirely online COVID-Safe format. The course is a total of six (6) hours delivered in four 90-minute sessions.
TRAINER: David Tattam from The Protecht Group
Author of 'A Short Guide to Operational Risk', David Tattam is an internationally recognised specialist in all facets of risk management, particularly at the enterprise level. David is the founder and current Director Research and Training for the Protecht Group, an Australian firm specialising in risk management software, consulting, advisory and training to a wide range of clients both locally and overseas. His career includes many years working with PwC, as well as two international banks. His achievements include the creation of the Middle Office (Risk Management Department) for The Industrial Bank of Japan in Australia and the complete implementation of all Australian operations, systems, procedures and controls for Westdeutsche Landesbank (WestLB). David’s passion is risk training, having developed numerous risk courses and trained many thousands over the past 2 decades. Protecht celebrated its 21st year in 2020.
PRICE: $715.00 incl.GST for Members
$858.00 incl. GST for Non-Members
CPD: 12 points
For Group Bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0430 157 508.
To register for this event go to Upcoming Events for current courses available.