Compliance and Compliance Risk Management June
Compliance and Compliance Risk Management June
This course covers both Compliance Management and Compliance Risk Management. The focus is on the development of an efficient risk-based approach to compliance management and what that means in practice from recording compliance obligations to setting up a risk-based approach to monitoring compliance. The management of compliance risk is also covered using an ERM framework.
The course also covers the ISO 19600 standard and aligns the concepts to this standard.
1. Defining Compliance, Compliance Management and Compliance Risk Management
- Defining compliance risk
- Using Bow Tie analysis
- Cause, Event, Impact for compliance risk
- Compliance controls: Preventive, Detective, Reactive Controls
- The relationship with operational risk.
2. Compliance Management
- Regulatory, contractual, internal compliance sources.
- Creating plain English compliance obligations from compliance mandates
- Managing a mandates and obligations library
- Risk assessing obligations
- Preparing the business to meet obligations: Process, People, Systems, Products
3. Compliance Risk Management
- The ISO 19600 standard.
- A risk-based approach to compliance.
- Developing a compliance risk management framework
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with obligations - The tools.
- Compliance risk management tools including Risk Assessment, Stress Testing, Key Risk Indicators, Controls Assurance, Breach management and Change Management
- Roles and Responsibilities.
4. Risk Appetite for Compliance
- What is risk appetite for compliance risk?
- Setting an appetite for compliance risk
- What does “zero-appetite / tolerance” mean?
5. Risk and controls self assessment
- Incorporating compliance risk into the self-assessment process
- Example of a compliance risk self assessment
- Carrying out compliance risk stress testing
6. “Change” - Delivered risk management
- Internal and External changes
- Risk Managing external regulatory change
- Risk Managing internal systems, process, people, product changes
7. Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Identifying KRIs for compliance risk
- Determining thresholds for compliance KRIs
- The KRI process
8. Controls Assurance
- Identifying key controls for compliance risk
- Obtaining assurance over key controls.
- Controls testing and developing a test plan
9. Compliance breach management
- Defining a compliance breach
- Identifying a compliance breach
- Developing a process for breach management
- Meeting external requirements
- Setting up and managing a breach register
10. Reporting for compliance management
- External vs. Internal reporting
- Reporting using Business Intelligence tools
- Defining your reports
- The reporting process
11. Where to next?
- The future of compliance risk management
- RegTech and how can you use it?
- Continuous monitoring and data analytics
- An in-depth understanding of the objectives and scope of compliance management and compliance risk management
- A deep understanding of compliance risk using bow tie analysis
- The knowledge and skills to develop and manage a compliance obligations library
- An appreciation of the process to prepare the business’s process, people, systems and products to ensure compliance readiness
- An understanding of the ISO 19600 standard on Compliance Management Systems
- An in-depth understanding of what a risk-based approach to compliance means
- An understanding of the various tools available for compliance risk management
- The ability to understand and develop a risk appetite for compliance risk
- An appreciation of the benefits of aligning compliance risk management with operational risk management
- An in-depth knowledge of how to apply risk assessments, key risk indicators, controls assurance and change risk management to compliance risk
- The ability to produce quality and meaningful compliance risk report.
Format of the Course
This course is delivered online. This event is offered as 2 x 3.25 hours interactive sessions (total 6.5 hours) over 2 days via GoToTraining online.
About Your Trainer: David Tattam, Chief Research & Content Officer, The Protecht Group
David Tattam is the Chief Research & Content Officer and co-founder of the Protecht Group. David’s vision is to redefine the way the world thinks about risk and to pioneer the development of risk management to its rightful place as a key driver of value creation in each of Protecht’s clients. David is the driving force behind Protecht’s risk thinking, pushing risk management to the frontiers of what is possible. He is also focused on driving the uplift of people risk capability through training and content.
David is passionate about risk and risk management and in reaping the value that risk and good risk management can create for any organisation willing to embrace it. He is particularly passionate about risk management research and is prolific in creating a wide range of content delivered in blogs, ebooks, webinars and training courses. He has developed Protecht’s comprehensive suite of risk management training courses and has, and continues, to train many thousands of risk practitioners across the globe. David also manages Protecht’s consulting business offering a range of risk consulting capabilities from Risk Management Framework to Risk Appetite Statement development.
He is also the author of "A Short Guide to Operational Risk".
DATES & TIMES - THE SESSIONS:
Session 1 9:00am - 12:15pm AEST on Thursday, 15 June 2023
Session 2 9:00am - 12:15pm AEST on Friday, 16 June 2023
AEST = UTC +10:00
LOCATION: GoToTraining for both Sessions
PRICE: $770.00 incl.GST for Members
$924.00 incl. GST for Non-Members
CPD: 12 points
When you register for this course you agree to the RMIA passing your registration details onto our Training Partner, The Protecht Group.
Group Bookings: For Group Bookings, please contact us via email on email@example.com or by phone on 02 9095 2500.
The time on your ticket when issued is the RMIA server timezone and may differ to the time of the event in your timezone. Please check this registration page for correct TIMEZONE and ACTUAL SESSION TIMES.
Registration for each session will close 24 hours prior to the event when final Zoom invitation details will be sent, we cannot guarantee receipt of the Zoom invitation details after this time.
If you are experiencing any issues registering, please contact us on the below number.