eRMIA: Enterprise Risk Management (18/03/2021 PM and 19/03/2021 PM)
Enterprise Risk Management
Welcome to the Enterprise Risk Management course, RMIA's signature course and a certification pre-requisite presented by our Training Partner, Bryan Whitefield Consulting.
All organisations, no matter whether private, government or not-for-profit have one thing in common – they all take risk to achieve their goals.
Unfortunately, too many organisations either don’t have any formal approach to considering the risks they are taking, or they utilise forms of risk management that are below par. That is, they are not in line with the principles and guidelines of better practice as defined in AS ISO 31000.
The purpose of the course is to provide you with the requisite knowledge to design, implement and operate enterprise risk programs for the successful management of organisational risk.
Introducing AS ISO 31000:2018
- The course is aligned to the international standard on risk.
- The standard is a guideline for any organisation that can be adapted to suit the needs of the organisation.
- It provides principles, framework and process for managing organisational risk.
- Understand the principles that underlie an efficient and effective approach to the management of organisational risk and the value it brings to the organisation.
- Understand the core elements and benefits of a framework for integrating risk management into the governance and operations of an organisation.
- Understanding of the risk management process and how to apply it to organisations of differing size and complexity.
Format of the Course
Please note that this course is now being delivered online. Attendees will receive a zoom invitation to participate in the 'face-to-face' aspect of the course online after registering. We can assure you that despite being online, we provide a high quality experience presented by Bryan Whitefield, a leader in the risk industry and a certified virtual presenter. To view testimonials on the success of Bryan's online RMIA tutorials here.
- One Day Online Self-Paced Learning - Develop a technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops
- Clarify and embed technical understanding of ISO 31000
- Tips and tricks on enterprise risk management including on:
- Assessing the quality of an organisation’s approach to risk
- What makes a good risk assessment
- The key to communicating and consulting on risk
Part One: One Day Online Self-Paced Learning. All PAID registrants receive an email with details on how to get started. Please allow 6-8 hours to complete this component PRIOR to the two online workshops.
Part Two: Two Half Day Online Learning Workshops facilitated by Bryan Whitefield
Note: this can be done in sections allowing you to pick and choose when you work on the program in the lead up to the two half day online workshops.
Bryan Whitefield is a management consultant operating since 2001, specialising in risk-based decision making and influencing decision makers, born from his more than twenty years of facilitating executive and board workshops. Bryan’s experience as a risk practitioner includes the design and implementation of risk management programs for more than 150 organisations across the public, private and not-for- profit sectors. Bryan is the author of DECIDE: How to Manage the Risk in Your Decision Making, and Winning Conversations: How to turn red tape into blue ribbon and was President and Chair of the RMIA from 2013 – 2015. He is licenced by the RMIA as a Certified Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) and is the designer and facilitator of their flagship Enterprise Risk Course since 2019.
SESSION 1 (3.5 hours)
9:00am - 12:30pm AEDT - Thursday, 18 March 2021
SESSION 2 (3.5 hours)
9:00am - 12:30pm AEDT - Friday, 19 March 2021
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
CPD Points: 12
PRICE: RMIA Members $1,875.00 incl.GST
Non-Members: $2,500.00 incl.GST
When you register for this course you agree to the RMIA passing your registration details onto our Training Partner, Bryan Whitefield Consulting.
The time on your ticket when issued is the RMIA server timezone and may differ to the time of the event in your timezone. Please check this registration page for correct TIMEZONE and ACTUAL SESSION TIMES.
Registration for each session will close 24 hours prior to the event when final Zoom invitation details will be sent, we cannot guarantee receipt of the Zoom invitation details after this time.
RMIA Accreditation Pathway: Upon completion of the RMIA's Enterprise Risk Management course, participants will be eligible to sit the exam to become a Certified Practising Risk Associate (CPRA®) or the Certified Practising Risk Manager (CPRM®) accreditation. To apply for Certification click here.
CPRA & CPRM Application, Exam & Certification for the first year: $330.00 incl.GST