eRMIA: Measuring and Managing Culture and Conduct Risk (16,17, 22 & 23 June 2021 PM)
Measuring and Managing Culture and Conduct Risk
An RMIA Virtual Course in partnership with The Protecht Group.
This workshop is aimed at risk practitioners wanting to have an understanding of culture and conduct risk and get insights on how it can be measured, monitored and managed.
1. Defining culture and conduct risk
- What is culture, what is conduct?
- What is culture risk and conduct risk?
- What is “risk culture”?
- Using Bow Tie analysis to understand culture and conduct risk.
2. External requirements and guidance
- Regulatory focus on culture
- Sources of guidance
3. Defining your desired culture and conduct
- Inputs: Risk Appetite, Values and Commitments
- Defining the culture
- Code of conduct
- Values and commitments
- Being clear on expectations
4. Measuring culture and conduct
- Methods: Surveys, Assessments, Metrics, Continuous Monitoring
- Using AI to monitor culture
- Culture risk tracking
- Conduct risk tracking
5. Decision Making
- Influencing decision making
- Using the Can I?, Should I?, Would I? tests
- Understanding and managing decision risk
- Risk Culture Dashboard
- Conduct Risk Dashboard
7. Influencing and managing culture and conduct
- How can culture be influenced?
- Setting a strategic culture target
- The importance of incentives and incentive schemes
8. What's Next?
- What’s in the horizon for culture and conduct?
- An understanding of what culture and conduct risk is and awareness of what good and bad culture and conduct look like.
- An understanding of the ways in which culture and conduct can be influenced and improved.
- An appreciation of how culture and conduct risk can be measured, monitored and managed.
Format of the Course
This course is delivered in an entirely online COVID-Safe format. This event is offered as 4 x 90 minute live sessions (total 6 hrs) over 4 days via GoToTraining online.
About Your Trainer: David Tattam from The Protecht Group
Author of 'A Short Guide to Operational Risk', David Tattam is an internationally recognised specialist in all facets of risk management, particularly at the enterprise level. David is the founder and current Director Research and Training for the Protecht Group, an Australian firm specialising in risk management software, consulting, advisory and training to a wide range of clients both locally and overseas. His career includes many years working with PwC, as well as two international banks. His achievements include the creation of the Middle Office (Risk Management Department) for The Industrial Bank of Japan in Australia and the complete implementation of all Australian operations, systems, procedures and controls for Westdeutsche Landesbank (WestLB). David’s passion is risk training, having developed numerous risk courses and trained many thousands over the past 2 decades. Protecht celebrated its 21st year in 2020.
DATES & TIMES - THE SESSIONS:
Session 1 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Wednesday, 16 June 2021
Session 2 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Thursday, 17 June 2021
Session 3 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
Session 4 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Wednesday, 23 June 2021
AEST = UTC +10:00
LOCATION: GoToTraining for all 4 Sessions
INVESTMENT: $660.00 incl.GST for Members
$792.00 incl. GST for Non-Members
CPD: 12 points
When you register for this course you agree to the RMIA passing your registration details onto our Training Partner, The Protecht Group.
For Group Bookings please email email@example.com or call 0431 740 575.
The time on your ticket when issued is the RMIA server timezone and may differ to the time of the event in your timezone. Please check this registration page for correct TIMEZONE and ACTUAL SESSION TIMES.
Registration for each session will close 24 hours prior to the event when final Zoom invitation details will be sent, we cannot guarantee receipt of the Zoom invitation details after this time.