An RMIA Virtual Course in partnership with The Protecht Group.
This workshop is aimed at risk practitioners wanting to gain an understanding of what a risk incident is and what the different types of incident are, thereby gaining awareness of the processes required to manage an incident well. Gain the ability to analyse an incident using Bow Tie analysis and to identify what went wrong and improvements to avoid it happening again.
- Defining an “incident” including Near Misses
- Defining the objectives of incident management
- Understanding the components of a risk incident
- Understanding Events, Root Causes, Failed Processes, Impacts and Controls
- Key types of incident
- Compliance requirements for incident management – Reportable events
- The key steps in managing an incident well
- The incident management process
- Information Gathering
- Damage Control
- Conducting root cause analysis using Bow Tie analysis
- Using incidents in the wider ERM framework
- Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities for incident management
- Defining who does what?
- Creating the right culture
- Speak up
- Bad and good news equally
- An understanding of what a risk incident is and what the different types of incident are.
- An awareness of the process required to manage an incident well.
- The ability to analyse an incident using Bow Tie analysis and to identify what went wrong and improvements to avoid it happening again.
Format of the Course
This course is delivered in an entirely online COVID-Safe format. This event is offered as 4 x 90 minute live sessions (total 6 hrs) over 4 days via GoToTraining online.
About Your Trainer: David Tattam from The Protecht Group
Author of 'A Short Guide to Operational Risk', David Tattam is an internationally recognised specialist in all facets of risk management, particularly at the enterprise level. David is the founder and current Director Research and Training for the Protecht Group, an Australian firm specialising in risk management software, consulting, advisory and training to a wide range of clients both locally and overseas. His career includes many years working with PwC, as well as two international banks. His achievements include the creation of the Middle Office (Risk Management Department) for The Industrial Bank of Japan in Australia and the complete implementation of all Australian operations, systems, procedures and controls for Westdeutsche Landesbank (WestLB). David’s passion is risk training, having developed numerous risk courses and trained many thousands over the past 2 decades. Protecht celebrated its 21st year in 2020.
DATES & TIMES - THE SESSIONS:
Session 1 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Thursday 11 August 2022
Session 2 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Monday 15 August 2022
Session 3 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Tuesday 16 August 2022
Session 4 12:30pm - 2:00pm AEST on Wednesday 17 August 2022
AEST = UTC +10:00
LOCATION: GoToTraining for all 4 Sessions
PRICE: $715.00 incl.GST for Members
$858.00 incl. GST for Non-Members
CPD: 12 points
When you register for this course you agree to the RMIA passing your registration details onto our Training Partner, The Protecht Group.
For Group Bookings please email email@example.com or call 0430 157 508.
The time on your ticket when issued is the RMIA server timezone and may differ to the time of the event in your timezone. Please check this registration page for correct TIMEZONE and ACTUAL SESSION TIMES.
Registration for each session will close 24 hours prior to the event when final Zoom invitation details will be sent, we cannot guarantee receipt of the Zoom invitation details after this time.