Risk Odyssey 2019: Risk Management - Focusing on What Matters - Melbourne VIC
BLOCK OUT YOUR DIARY! - Thursday 13th June 2019
Join us for the VIC Chapters largest and highly anticipated state event. The Risk Odyssey is a one-day seminar which provides risk professionals the opportunity to network and delve into a topical risk concept. You will be challenged to consider, shape and build upon existing risk management practices with content delivered by our industry experts, academics and leading risk practitioners. This year’s event will feature high-calibre speaker presentations, an interactive Q&A panel and workshops.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
· Risk management, what works and what doesn’t- Ruby Yadav - Chief Risk Officer at UniSuper
· The risk sector from a specialist recruiters perspective- Renee Russo - Principal Consultant at Davidson - Executive and Boards
· The role of a Risk Engineer in navigating the risk landscape- Mervyn Rea - Head of Risk Engineering (Australian/ NZ) at Zurich Insurance
· Panel Discussion - Risk in the spotlight focussing on what matters in navigating “front page” risks
- Tom McLeod- Chief Risk Officer at ABC
- Rhiannon Richardson - General Manager Risk, Financial Crime Lead Wealth at NAB
- Belinda Olejniczak- Head of Risk and Compliance at Deakin University
- Anthony Reardon - Head of Risk Transformation at BHP
· Dynamic Risk Profiling workshop with David Tattam, director, Protecht
- The static and reactive nature if risk management – what are the issues
- The benefits of being more dynamic
- Increased value of risk information
- Better buy-in and engagement from the business
- More relevance and increased standing of risk managers
- Being more useful as an input into decision-making
- More proactive in managing the business and greater value add
- What does dynamic look life ?
- The risk skeleton – The Risk Bow Tie
- Adding the meat – risk data from assessment, indicators, incidents etc.
- Creating a dynamic profile
- So what? Using risk appetite and risk information in the business for assurance and better decision making
A practical case study will be used through the session.
Date: Thursday 13th June 2019
Time: Registration 10.15 am, ending 4.35 pm for networking and drinks
Location: Deakin University Down Town - Tower 2, Level 12, 727 Collins Street, Docklands
EARLY BIRD RATES END MAY 30th
RMIA Members: $150
RATES AS OF JUNE 1ST
RMIA Members: $200