RMIA AGM 2021 - Registration
Notice of Annual General Meeting 2021 for Members
Risk Management Institution of Australasia Limited, ACN 106 528 509, trading as
Risk Management Institute of Australasia
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Risk Management Institute of Australasia (RMIA) to be held on Thursday 22 July 2021 at 12:30 pm AEST with the meeting to be held as a hybrid* in-person in Melbourne Vic 3000, Australia, and virtually via Zoom for remote attendance of members. Melbourne Meeting location and Zoom Meeting login details to be confirmed.
*Please Note: Since the "Notice of Annual General Meeting 2021 for Members" was issued the RMIA Board has decide to hold the AGM as a virtual meeting only, in line with increasing COVID-19 restrictions, and in the interests of minimising the health and safety concerns and risk to our members.
RISK MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALASIA
1. Receipt of Annual Report
To receive and consider the Report of the Directors and the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2020 and the report by the auditor.
2. Election of Directors
To declare and conﬁrm the results of the Election of Directors in accordance with RMIA Constitution.
3. Ratification of Constitutional Amendments
To replace "RMIA Constitution 160524" with "RMIA Constitution 210722 v2.0 210701 (provisionally)"
4. Ratification of Regulations made by the Board from 1 January 2020 to 1 July 2021
To Ratify “Regulations 210722 v2.0 210701 (provisionally)”*
*Please Note: As all amendments to the Constitution were accepted by the Board of Directors for ratification by the Members, no separate Regulations were required to be ratified at this time.
5. Endorsement of Members for the Company to establish the following Charters & Regulations;
- Membership Charter
- Professional Development & Certification
- Financial, Audit & Risk
- Board Charter
- Membership Regulations
As guidance for the Company consistent with the Company’s Constitution.
Summary of Proposed Constitutional Amendments
Following an independent review of the RMIA’s Constitution several recommendations were made to the Board. It is proposed that those amendments be adopted.
The intent of the amendments is to:
- Establish a contemporary Constitution that serves the needs of the risk community in Australasia now and for the future;
- Remove the mismatch of operational requirements from the existing Constitutional details, refocusing on the vision and mission of the RMIA, and the spirit or intent of the document;
- Improved agility and decision making in the changing environment;
- Improved clarity of roles and responsibilities, and improved formalisation of the committees that support the Board, and by extension Members; and
- Removal of typos, duplication, and formatting issues.
By order of the Board,
RMIA President & Chair
Announcement: Monday, 7 June 2021
Meeting Details & Important Dates
Director Nominations will open on Monday, 14 June 2021, and close at 5:00pm AEST on Wednesday, 7 July 2021.
Proxies will open on Friday, 9 July 2021 and close at 5:00pm AEST on Friday, 16 July 2021.
Early Voting will open on Friday, 9 July 2021 and close at 5:00pm AEST on Monday, 19 July 2021.
Date & Time: Thursday 22 July 2021 commencing at 12:30pm AEST (UTC +10:00)
Email queries to email@example.com or call 0431 740 575.