Job no: CKCK6
We’re the Health Insurance Fund of Australia, but our friends call us HIF and due to some great internal career development moves within HIF we have an an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Consultant with experience in a similar role and with great people skills to join our team
About the role
We are looking for a great communicator to take their skills in compliance to the next level in this permanent full-time opportunity. If you are looking for a varied hands-on role and are passionate about promoting visibility and awareness of, and responsibility and accountability of compliance, then read on...
The Compliance Consultant supports the Compliance Lead and the wider Risk, Compliance and Conduct team, in achieving HIF’s strategic and other business objectives in compliance management through the maintenance and continuous improvement of HIF's Compliance Management Framework (CMF).
There's also some essential responsibilities that will ensure your success in this role:
- Assist with the effective implementation of HIF’s CMF across the organisation and assist with the development and implementation of relevant policies, procedures and tools to facilitate effective compliance and obligation management.
- Review operational business processes to identify potential process, obligation or compliance risks or inefficiencies in controls, and suggest suitable process improvement initiatives to process owners for implementation.
- Monitor, manage and report on compliance risks, including actions taken, where material control deficiencies or breakdowns have been identified.
- Effectively assess, classify and manage incidents and breaches reported daily as per the Incident & Breach Management Procedure.
- Regularly monitor and report on amendments to regulatory and compliance obligations, and any emerging issues and trends, to enable management to proactively act on compliance risks.
- Ensure all applicable obligations are integrated into the business to meet all regulatory, legislative and business requirements, including managing and reporting on compliance attestations.
- Create, maintain, schedule and deliver compliance management training and awareness initiatives, to promote organisation-wide accountability for compliance management, and to drive a positive compliance culture.
- Assist with conducting 2nd line reviews of amendments to member content, e.g. marketing materials, communications and knowledge base articles, providing feedback and advice to relevant stakeholders.
What we're looking for in you.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a compliance and/or risk and compliance related role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of compliance management standards, guidelines, practices, techniques and tools
- Ability to read and interpret legislation, regulations and industry codes
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian Compliance Management Systems (AS ISO 19600:2015)
- Knowledge of applicable private health insurance compliance and regulatory requirements or experience within financial industry and/or working in a highly regulated industry
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of compliance management frameworks
- Ability to document policies and procedures
Please read the full position description for more specifics about the role.
HIF is a multi award winning health insurer with a passion for helping our Members live healthy lives. Though we have a huge national brand, we are a tight-knit team of 125 Member focused people based in our Perth office. Being a smaller member health fund helps us maintain an inclusive culture and ensures we excel at being there as a community and for the community.
What you’ll get
In addition to the opportunity to make your mark within our awesome team, you’ll enjoy a great package including 11% super, subsidised health insurance cover, discounted pet and travel insurance, flexibility of Working from Home (WFH) days and heaps of great social events with our fun-hungry Social Club. What’s more, when it’s your Birthday you can take the day off... it’s on us!
Our office is our modern Community focused Hub, with excellent public transport links, just a stone’s throw from Perth city centre.
To apply for this opportunity please visit https://www.hif.com.au/careers-at-hif
For additional enquiries, please contact Helen McKenzie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
HIF encourages cultural diversity and is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all employees.