Job no: Q7C39
About the role
HIF are looking for an individual who wants to take their skills to the next level in this permanent full-time opportunity. If you are passionate about promoting the visibility and awareness of, and responsibility and accountability of risk within HIF, then read on...
As a member of our Risk, Compliance and Conduct team, the Risk Consultant will primarily be responsible for assisting with the implementation and continuous improvement of HIF’s Risk Management Framework across the organisation.
The role also centres around delivering the following:
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and treat risk exposure and engage with relevant stakeholders to support assessment of business decisions, review and update risk registers.
- Support management of risks, controls, including actions, control deficiencies or inefficiencies identified.
- Conduct periodical testing of controls assessing control effectiveness and identification of improvement initiatives.
- Support business improvement activities that support HIF’s desired risk culture maturity.
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant policies, procedures and risk management information system.
- Assist with the closure validation of audit findings.
- Assist with the delivery of risk management support, training and education.
- Collaborate within Risk, Compliance and Conduct team on all compliance and fraud matters.
- Assist with the preparation and support the appropriate reporting for HIF’s Leadership Team, Board Audit and Risk Committees.
What hif are looking for in you
There are also some essential things we will look for:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business
- Attention to details with strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and continuous improvement of enterprise-wide risk management frameworks.
- Experience in risk assessment, mitigation and remediation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of applicable private health insurance compliance and regulatory requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a risk and/or compliance related role.
Please read the full position description for more specifics about the role.
HIF is a multi award winning health insurer with a passion for helping our Members live healthy lives. Though they have a huge national brand, they are a tight-knit team of 125 Member focused people based in our Perth office. Being a smaller member health fund helps them maintain an inclusive culture and ensures they excel at being there as a community and for the community.
What you’ll get
In addition to the opportunity to make your mark within our awesome team, you’ll enjoy a great package including 11% super, subsidised health insurance cover, discounted pet and travel insurance, flexibility of Working from Home (WFH) days and heaps of great social events with our fun-hungry Social Club. What’s more, when it’s your Birthday you can take the day off... it’s on them!
HIF's office is our modern Community focused Hub, with excellent public transport links, just a stone’s throw from Perth city centre.
To apply for this opportunity please visit https://www.hif.com.au/careers-at-hif
For additional enquiries, please contact Helen McKenzie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
HIF encourages cultural diversity and is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all employees.