Senior Risk Advisor
- New role, opportunity to enhance risk culture in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues
- Full time, ongoing
- $88,100 base per annum plus superannuation
At Arts Centre Melbourne, we bring people together for remarkable experiences. Sitting beneath our iconic Spire, we’re Australia’s largest and busiest performing arts centre. As a cultural and architectural landmark in our nation’s cultural capital, we’ve showcased the best of Australian and international performing arts for nearly 40 years.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
The Victorian Government’s vision for Melbourne is to advance its position as an internationally recognised cultural and creative destination. Arts Centre Melbourne is committed to realising this vision, which will guide our focus over the coming years through Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne. For a glimpse into Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Opportunity
The Risk and Compliance Team is responsible for leading the Enterprise Risk Management activity of Arts Centre Melbourne, promoting the implementation of a risk intelligent culture, in which strategic, financial, compliance and operational risks are actively identified and managed.
Working closely with the Director, Risk Management, the Senior Risk Advisor will play an integral role to lead the organisation in the identification, management and monitoring of its risks, utilising a “three lines of defence” model. The role will also support the organisation’s business continuity planning, facilitate the management of any insurance claims, and support projects, and assist with reporting cycles to then Executive and the Risk Management and Compliance Committee.
The Senior Risk Advisor role will require someone with exceptional interpersonal skills to work across the organisation spanning from Performing Arts, Technical Production, Food and Beverage, Customer Experience, Corporate Services and Infrastructure.
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant qualification or certification in risk management or business or equivalent experience.
- Strong contemporary knowledge of ISO31000 and/or the VGRMF.
- Experience in developing, implementing and continuously improving organisational risk frameworks, policy and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate risk workshops
- Experience preparing risk reports and briefings for Executive and Board audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence the chosen client group
- A proactive approach, with the ability to show initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems
Full time ongoing, salary $88,100 base per annum plus superannuation.
Team members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity to receive free house seats and complimentary tickets to our shows.
- Food and beverage discounts at surrounding outlets and staff café.
- Organisational-wide learning and development and wellbeing programs.
- Discounted commuter benefits and onsite car-parking.
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria as one combined document. Applications close 18 August 2019.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Job No.: 598410
Location: Notting Hill campus
Employment Type: Part-time 0.8 fraction
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: Pro-rata of $98,155 - $108,345 pa HEW Level 08 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Risk and Compliance Unit provides the oversight and coordination of the University’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework. Our mission is to facilitate and strengthen the effective use of risk management practices within the University, thereby assisting executive and senior management and the University Council with their corporate governance duties.
As a key member of the Risk and Compliance team, the Regulatory Compliance Consultant will be responsible for the provision of University-wide advisory and coordination of processes to ensure the University complies with applicable laws and regulations. Reporting to the Director, Risk and Compliance, you will partner with key stakeholders to provide guidance and advice to ensure an
ongoing integrated approach to risk management at Monash.
As the successful candidate you will lead the delivery of varied legislative and regulatory compliance activities, including assisting numerous stakeholders across the University in their implementation of applicable regulatory obligations. You will make rapid, accurate and thorough regulatory analyses in a responsive manner in a fluid landscape with shifting priorities.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will have postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications or extensive regulatory experience and management expertise. Experience in the University sector would be advantageous. Demonstrated innovative strategic and conceptual thinking, along with
proven experience with regulatory compliance in strategic, operational and project areas will also be required.
If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a part-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Ms Moh-Lee Ng, Director, Risk & Compliance, +61 3 990 56846
Tuesday 5 November 2019, 11:55 pm AEDT
Role: Compliance Manager
Package: Up to 142k package + Bonus
Actuate Recruitment is pleased to bring this unique Compliance leadership role to the Adelaide market.
Our client is an iconic organisation, proudly South Australian and provides a host of services to its large and impressive customer base.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be tasked with building and owning all things Compliance, acting as department 2IC and providing strategic oversight and visibility to the Executive and Board.
Responsibilities (Unique Value Add)
· Responsible for the Compliance Program (Developing, implementing, monitoring and management of policies & procedures)
· Establishing and overseeing Obligations Register, which supports all areas of the business (APRA, ASIC, AFS License)
· Training staff on compliance obligations & regulatory environment
· Drive a culture of obligation compliance and support risk management and education
· Leading a team (1-2) growing in the short term.
Education & Qualifications
· Undergrad degree in Business/Commerce, Law or relevant subjects (mandatory)
· Postgrad studies in Risk, Compliance and/or Finance (desired)
· Detailed understanding of Australian privacy laws and landscape (desired)
· Understanding of regulatory incident management processes (mandatory)
Knowledge & Experience
· The role requires the individual to possess a strong understanding/experience of compliance management processes
· Knowledge of regulatory and compliance frameworks and the ability to translate regulatory requirements to specific areas of business or activities
· Experience in General Insurance / Financial Services is desirable
Due to a high volume of applications we may not be able to reply immediately and if you should you not hear from us in 2 weeks, unfortunately your application has not been successful this time.