Who Are We?
The Risk Management Institute of Australasia (RMIA) is the leading professional institution and industry association for Risk Managers in the Asia Pacific region. We have a rich thirty-year pedigree in servicing the professional development needs of our membership base which spans both private and public enterprise, as well as all major sectors of the economy.
Our Purpose is to promote recognition and reward for risk management professionals and deliver to our members:
- Cutting edge education and professional development, Recognised certification of professional standards, competency and ethics, The opportunity to network with the Australasian and global risk management communities,
- Value added services which benefit members careers, business and personal development.
- Risk Management is the systematic approach to protecting the things that we care about and maximising our chances of success in all fields of endeavor.
Why Do We Matter?
Our mission at the RMIA is to lead the risk management field in striving for excellence in the profession, setting high standards for professional competencies and acting as a guiding body for industry regulations, competencies and ethics.
Our vision at the RMIA is to work towards strengthening the network of Risk Professionals in the Asia Pacific region, ultimately seeking to encourage greater professional development, education opportunities and career progression opportunities for our members.
What Will You Gain?
By becoming a member of the RMIA, you become a part of an expansive network of risk professionals, giving you access to:
- Greater connection and networking opportunities not only within State Chapters but also within the Asia Pacific region,
- Ongoing professional development opportunities including chapter, national and international events, such as the Annual Conference, Risk Odyssey and Keynote Tours, and Chapter networking events,
- Professional Development, short courses and programs, such as the Enterprise Risk Management Course and Mastering Risk Workshop Facilitation which are now available for complete online delivery,
- Industry recognized Risk Certification Accreditations [CPRA®, CPRM®, CCRO®]
- Further exclusive resources such as webinars, whitepapers, e-magazine, COVID-19 resources and partnered content accessible only to RMIA members,
- Best practice and industry guidelines such as access to the latest ISO Standards, essential to risk certification accreditation and necessary to ensure a high-quality understanding of advanced risk frameworks and methodologies,
- Significant discounts on education, professional development and RMIA events.
RMIA offers a few membership options based on individual memberships and the member location. All amounts quoted are in Australian Dollars.
Individual membership is the standard membership class for all members. Discounts for larger groups of individuals from the same corporation apply at a rate of 5% discount for 3-9 members, 10% discount for 10-20 members, and tailored discounts for groups over 21+ members. Contact email@example.com for information on membership application discounts for your team.
Student membership is available for full-time students studying for qualifications in the risk industry. A copy of your transcript will be required.
Retired membership is available to those risk professionals who have retired from employment but continue to enjoy being part of the risk community.
Membership Types in Australia
|Annual Fee (incl.GST)|
Membership Types in Asia and Internationally
Membership is offered across the Asia Pacific region and beyond. Proof of residential address outside Australia will be required during your application to comply with GST exemption requirements.
|Annual Fee AUD (GST exempt)|
Individual-Associate membership is available for people with less than 4yrs of experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance roles. A copy of your CV/Resume may be requested prior to membership application approval.
Individual-Professional membership is available for people with more than 4yrs of experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance roles. A copy of your CV/Resume may be requested prior to membership application approval.