Risk & Compliance Manager
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don't want you to simply 'fit' into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) is a growing team within MYOB that supports Australian and New Zealand operations. You'll have the opportunity to craft the success of the organisation and our customers, by delivering expertise, insight and guidance, whilst cutting through Risk and Compliance jargon and applying a pragmatic and practical approach to GRC.
Fear not, for you won't be going it alone! Working alongside a passionate and collaborative GRC team, you'll see yourself working closely with cross-functional, commercially focused teams, where you'll shape the culture of risk awareness, whilst working to understand interdependencies and influence leader decision making.
What we'd love you to bring...
If you're excited so far, and you've got an affection for technology/software, combined with demonstrable influencing skills and risk principals within a SaaS business, we'd be thrilled to have you come on-board to:
- Provide internal leadership, knowledge, strategy and guidance on key Vertical Business services risk and compliance obligations.
- Assist the Vertical business with risk management strategies, reporting, identification and quantification across key activities.
- Partner with the business to drive the necessary mitigation strategies and activities to maintain the required levels of compliance and operational readiness to protect MYOB’s brand, reputation and financial outcomes for Vertical services products and services.
- Apply risk thinking to the development and implementation of strategy.
- Support the uplift of the control environment and remediation efforts.
- Have accountability for day to day risk support, risk capability and awareness across verticals, communicating the value add and value opportunity.
- Develop the compliance obligation framework across products for the Verticals, ensuring legislative requirements are met.
- Stay up to date with regulatory developments.
- Work with the GRC team to identify new ways to simplify, collaborate and innovate.
- Work closely with Legal, Finance, Mergers and Acquisition colleagues to understanding emerging areas of focus across the business.
Benefits for You
We believe that ongoing learning is important for all professionals. You will have access to MYOB’s award-winning Learning Lab talent development program, as well as formal and informal GRC professional development opportunities.
MYOB’s GRC team is based at our new, state of the art Cremorne (Richmond) office. This role will be notionally based at this office, with flexibility to work from home or our other Australian offices.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.