NRMA is well known for 97 years of Roadside Assistance. As Australia’s largest Member organisation, The National Roads & Motorists’ Association (NRMA) provides a range of services for our Members and the community. Be a part of the ongoing success of one of Australia’s most iconic organisations and feel the buzz of real job satisfaction as you work with talented professionals in a collaborative environment where people come first.
The opportunity we present is as a Risk & Insurance Manager, whose primary function will be to proactively manage the Group risk exposure and associated programs including Risk Management, Insurance, Crisis Management and Business Continuity Management.
- Maintaining, embedding and continually improving the Group Risk Appetite Statement and Group Risk Management Framework
- Establishing risk management champions across the group to support effective risk management ownership and delivery
- Ensure risk reviews, controls and agreed actions and owners are populated in the system with regular follow up and closure including BAU, project and due diligence reviews
- Regularly reviewing and updating the Crisis Management Plan (CMP) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Managing BCP and CMP training and awareness, exercise development and execution
- Coach and develop team to create a high performance, engaged, customer-centric team culture
- Contribute to the development and management of an annual business plan.
- For all insurances other than workers compensation, managing – general business enquiries, the annual insurance renewal process, claims management, certificate of currency requests and insurance due diligence reviews and acquisition transition into the insurance program
- Tertiary level qualifications (e.g. bachelor degree) in a relevant discipline
- Qualified with or member of relevant industry body
- 10+ years’ experience in risk management
- Experience in a senior risk management role
- Influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables at the same time
- Comfortable in managing multiple and senior stakeholders
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software and communicate use to others
- Outcome driven
- Business continuity experience
- Insurance experience
- Experience dealing with Board or Board Sub-committees
- Commercial competence
We offer a competitive remuneration and our benefits include 50% discount on insurance and free NRMA Premium Care Membership. Our Member magazine is the most widely read magazine in NSW, and our Membership program NRMA Blue delivers value to Members with transport, tourism and entertainment benefits that really matter.
We are proudly diverse and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where all people are valued, respected and able to contribute their talents to drive organisational performance. We encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.