Ongoing Opportunity – Job Grade / Classification: RFS Level 10/11
Location: Sydney Olympic Park
Job Grade/Classification: RFS Level 10/11
Vacancy Reference: 18/103
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) is the world’s largest volunteer-based fire service. The NSW RFS plays a key coordinating and strategic role in the overall planning and management of fire prevention, mitigation and suppression in NSW.
The NSW RFS is recruiting for a full-time ongoing Senior Project Officer specialising in Organisational Risk Management. The role is based at the NSW RFS Headquarters in Sydney Olympic Park.
This is an opportunity to join a leading NSW State Government Emergency Service that operates in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The Senior Project Officer – Risk will work collaboratively within the Planning, Risk and Policy Team.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
1. Undertaking organisational risk management development, analysis and assessments, and manage risk reporting
2. Supporting the broader functions of the section to ensure the organisation has appropriate governance arrangements in place and that corporate planning and risk are linked.
3. Supporting the Director and Manager and providing guidance to other team members when undertaking activities requiring a sectional approach
4. Researching complex corporate matters to ensure the NSW RFS is fully informed on issues associated with risk and appropriate risk treatments
To be successful in this role, you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
• Experience working within a complex high volume business environment with competing priorities
• Proven capability to facilitate risk sessions effectively communicating and engaging with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong organisational risk management capability and understanding of reporting requirements
• Developed understanding of legislation, policy and standards governing risk management
• Experience with organisational planning and reporting.
• An ongoing role in a highly regarded emergency service, where supporting the local community is at the forefront of our business strategy
• An attractive salary package
• Flexible working arrangements
• The opportunity to work in the risk management space covering a diverse range of issues across the community of NSW
• You will work as part of a small specialised team at the NSW RFS Headquarters in our new purpose built office in Sydney Olympic Park.
For further information or to apply for this role Click Here or contact Stephen Glassock 02 8741 5152 or 0437 994 775
Applications Close: Sunday, 9 December 2018