Risk Manager – Queensland
At Transurban, we employ a strong risk culture and we’re looking for a proactive Risk Manager to lead the risk function in Queensland. Reporting to the Head of Risk, you’ll be accountable for leading the ongoing development of a robust, prudent, structured and holistic approach to risk management within Transurban Queensland while also supporting risk activities within the broader Transurban Group. A natural builder of relationships, you’ll embed yourself within the business to promote a proactive risk culture and ensure a consistent and effective execution of the risk management function.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll facilitate a program of cultural change throughout Transurban Queensland and the broader Transurban business to drive the adoption of Enterprise Risk Management
- You’ll engage with and advise the Group Executive Queensland, and Queensland Leadership Team on all risk related matters, providing support and assistance in the roll-out of risk and governance activities
- You’ll provide true enterprise wide risk management support and guidance to our operations, major projects, business functions, acquisitions and strategic activities
- You’ll have exposure to the Transurban Queensland Audit and Risk Review Committee by providing updates on Transurban Queensland’s key business and strategic risks and risk management activities
- You’ll support the development and implementation of business resilience activities within Transurban including the development of business continuity and emergency management plans as required by the Manager, Business Resilience
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skill set and embed risk management within our programme of strategic initiatives
- You’ll assist with the development of internal audit assurance mapping programs
- You’ll provide regular leadership, mentoring and coaching to all team members and promote and implement effective people management practices
- You’ll work in a business environment which proactively values risk management and be part of a high performing supportive team
The talents you’ll bring:
- You’ll be no stranger to a commercial and risk environment, with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in risk management or a similar role
- You’ll come from a construction, engineering, transportation, consultancy or infrastructure industry, aiding your ability to hit the ground running
- You’ve delivered an ERM system implementation previously
- A natural builder of relationships and commercially astute, you’ll enjoy getting on the front foot, embedding yourself in the business and working with different stakeholders as a trusted advisor
- You’ll have well developed technical, negotiation and advisory skills with an understanding of corporate and trust practices, principles and systems
- You’ll have a proven ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with external regulatory authorities and stakeholders
- You’re autonomous and accept accountability and responsibility, working collaboratively to achieve team and business objectives
- You’ll think bigger and always look for better solutions and ways of working
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We’re making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We’re getting people where they’re going. And we’re doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!