Project, Program and Portfolio Assurance - Manager
Today’s world isn’t simple.The challenges facing business and society are complex. At PwC, they’ve created ‘The New Equation’ as our global strategy to address the breadth and complexity of challenges facing businesses and society. PwC are combining everything they offer in new, creative ways. This builds trust, delivers sustained outcomes and helps clients solve their most important problems.
PwC are in the business of transformation. To transform the future, they're building a diverse, ambitious team who strive for imaginative ways of solving our clients' most important challenges. You'll get to work with the latest technologies, in an environment that empowers you to think differently.
At PwC Canberra, they combine local and global expertise, public sector experience and people-focused purpose to help the federal government make life better for our communities. The Transformation assurance team sits in the Trust and Risk arm of our Assurance practice. The team works with clients to provide analysis, insights and recommendations to improve outcomes for major projects or programs. They draw on project and program management delivery experience to provide future-focused assurance in order to give staff, executives, board members, and other stakeholders confidence about the future of its business transformation.
As a Senior Manager in our Transformation Assurance team your impact will be seen by:
- Leading the delivery of transformation project and program reviews by:
- Reviewing and analysing critical project/program artefacts (including risk reports, business cases, business requirements documents, or project plans) against better practice methodologies;
- Identifying key risks to success of projects/programs
- Leading client engagements, including fieldwork interviews and final presentations of key findings
- Overseeing the delivery of a final report, including detailed analysis and recommended solutions, to provide our clients with confidence that their key projects and programs are aligned to their strategic outcomes, are on track and will deliver the required quality of output
- Acting as a trusted advisor to build relationships with project directors, executives and team members in relation to transformation activities
- Engaging in business development by identifying opportunities in the market to help clients solve problems, including leading the development of future job proposals
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues to develop their project and program management skill set, and building internal relationships across the firm.
You have deep experience in project and program assurance or portfolio management, particularly within the Federal or state government environment and are skilled in proactively identifying project risks and finding appropriate solutions. You have an advanced understanding of project management methodologies (preferably with an Agile, PMP, MSP, MoP, PRINCE2, PMBOK, or a similar certification), and feel comfortable leading project, program and portfolio reviews.
You have the ability to investigate the detail of a project or program and be able to determine if it is likely to succeed.
Please note this role is based in Canberra. Due to the nature of the work, you must be an Australian citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government issued security clearance.
Passionate about being at the forefront of change, you’re ready to help our Risk Assurance team transform how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
You’re collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment. You’re a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders. Most importantly, you act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
Your New Benefits
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Work overseas or interstate, we know how precious time is with your family and friends
- Paid study (and leave!), we’ll pay all the costs and give you time off to study
- No dress code, wear what makes you feel comfortable and dress for your day
- Yearly bonuses, because who doesn’t love to be rewarded for great performance!
- Health & fitness perks, like a wellness stipend and discounted memberships
- Generous parental leave policy for mums, dads and foster carers
- If you're looking for a team that values your work and solves meaningful problems - then apply now to be considered for the position!
PwC believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let them know.
Shibanni Dave is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, PwC appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.