Due to our current Risk Manager transitioning to retirement we have an exciting opportunity for a talented, energetic and dedicated Risk Manager to join our team reporting to our General Manager Governance and Risk. Initially we are looking for someone to work 2 days per week from July 2015 – December 2015, 3 days from January 2016 – July 2016 and full time 5 days per week from August 2016.
The purpose of this role is to ensure there is an effective risk and compliance approach in place to reduce key risk exposures and provide an appropriate level of assurance to executive management, the Board’s Audit and Risk Committee and the Board.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the General Manager to ensure an internal audit program is delivered
• Oversee, coordinate and monitor the risk program and work with line management to ensure it is successfully implemented in all business units.
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors to help maximise the value of their services to Goodstart.
• Reduce vulnerability to fraud, abuse and waste
• Manage and coordinate the preparation and timely delivery of effective and comprehensive risk management and compliance reports
• Manage the annual renewal of Goodstart’s general insurance policies
• Oversee insurance claims for all commercial insurances and Directors & Officers liability insurance with the exception of workers compensation matters
• Perform the role of Incident Process Manager for more serious incidents such as severe weather events
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience in managing a risk role in a large, multi-site, service-related organisation.
• Sound experience in relation to insurance, fraud prevention and detection and organisational response to high-risk incidents.
• Strong skills and experience in organisational and process improvement
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a risk management/compliance role.
• A relevant risk qualification or equivalent work experience in a management-level role within a risk team environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly successful national organisation who are making a difference to the lives of children and families across Australia every day.
Goodstart Early Learning value people with Integrity, Passion, Professionalism, and the desire to do something that’s above and beyond what’s expected. We are committed to providing you with opportunities for career growth and progression; outstanding learning and development opportunities, coupled with flexible work life balance.
Salary package will be commensurate with experience.
To request a PD or discuss this role further please contact Clare Gallacher Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Closing date 5 May 2015