RMIA Risk Manager of the Year 2020 - Nomination Form
The following document outlines the guidelines and criteria required to apply for the Risk Manager of the Year Award (RMOY).
As the largest most respected professional association for risk management practice in the region the Risk Management Institute of Australasia (RMIA) is strategically committed to excellence in the management of risk. Thus, the Awards presented at the annual conference each year are part of RMIA’s strategy of identifying and recognising those RMIA members who are demonstrating and driving excellence in risk management.
The RMOY is for the individual who is delivering excellence in the management of risk for their organisation and who has also contributed to the development and advancement of the risk profession more broadly. The applicant must demonstrate that their work has been at an enterprise level. The RMOY will be awarded to the practitioner judged to have excelled in the management of risk against the following criteria:
- Business outcome focus
- Strategic and systems thinking
- Communicating and influencing
- Stakeholder focus
- Application of professional risk management knowledge
- Ethical practice
- Risk Culture being incorporated into the organisation
- Contribution to the risk profession
We encourage all our members to either self-nominate or nominate fellow members of the RMIA as a way of recognising excellence in the management of risk.
We want all our members to feel included and that they can succeed in their industry and that is why we award our talented members with prizes for excellence in three key areas of Risk Management plus an additional award for volunteer services to RMIA.
The judging panel of the awards committee comprises the following:
- Two RMIA Board Members
- RMIA CEO
- A representative of the RMOY sponsor
- Industry senior risk executive / CRO
The Successful RMIA Candidate Receives:
The winner of the RMOY Award receives the following:
- 10 CPD Points
- One Free Year of RMIA Membership
- Complimentary registration, return airfare and accommodation (if required) to receive their award in person at Gala Awards Event in Sydney
- A presentation tour dedicated to the RMOY (this may be a webinar due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- One complimentary RMIA short course registration fee to attend a course of their choosing to further their professional development (to be used in 2021)
HOW TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
- CHECK YOUR OR YOUR CHOSEN NOMINEE’S ELIGIBILITY (login to your RMIA portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Declaration of permission from the Nominee to confirm membership status for nominations)
- READ THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- COMPLETE THE AWARD NOMINATION FORM ONLINE
- COLLECT A PORTFOLIO OF THE NOMINEES WORK THAT DEMONSTRATES ACHIEVEMENT IN EACH AREA OF THE AWARD CRITERIA
- SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION TO THE RMIA CORPORATE OFFICE ONLINE VIA THIS ONLINE APPLICATION FORM OR email@example.com
The Winner will be announced at the RMIA 2020 Gala Awards Dinner at Luna Park in the Crystal Palace Room on Friday, 16 April 2021.