Vacancy: Risk & Insurance Advisor
Risk & Insurance Advisor
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week, monthly RDO)
- Salary range $78,123 – $84,392 including super
- Opportunity to shape and develop the risk culture with a practical hands on role
- Newly created business unit to support growth and focus on risk and insurance management
- Great employee benefits – discounted gym membership, wellbeing program, family friendly
Do you want to be a part of an exciting new business unit with a focus on risk? Are you a person who thrives on challenges and has an improvement focus? If so, we want to hear from you. The City of Ballarat has the opportunity for a professional who has a passion for creating a sustainable risk management culture and leveraging insurance opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further apply your skills in the Risk and Insurance industry. In this generalist role, you will be responsible for providing risk & insurance advice to the line managers, legislation interpretation, policy and procedures, risk assessment, incident investigation and claims management, business continuity, audit, reporting of risk and insurance statistics and assisting the team with challenging projects.
This role would suit you if you have solid experience in a similar role and can demonstrate achievements in making a difference; and providing solutions in a risk and insurance management setting. Energy, enthusiasm, discretion and proficiency are the standards that will be applied, but there is also room for fun and celebration of success.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Risk Management / Insurance and / Compliance or related discipline (working towards or attained).
- Demonstrated experience in a professional Risk and Insurance position
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level Risk Management and Insurance advice across all levels within an organisation.
- Well-developed written communications skills with the ability to produce reports, policy development and associated documentation.
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to communicate and work with collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.To apply for this position please visit www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/ac/careers.aspx to download the information pack or contact Human Resources on 03 5320 5699.Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria and complete the Application Cover Sheet. Applications for the above positions should be marked ‘Private and Confidential’ and forwarded to the Human Resource Officer, City of Ballarat, PO Box 655, Ballarat 3353 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 September 2015 at 5.00pmFor further information on this position contact Cameron Montgomery, Safety Manager on 03 5320 5503 or email@example.com.
The City of Ballarat is an EEO employer committed to the principles of workplace diversity.