• Long term opportunity to contribute to innovative Governance Program
• Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
The PNG Governance Facility (PGF) is an innovative governance initiative in Papua New Guinea, aimed at contributing to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The PGF will be responsible for the design and implementation of most of Australia’s future governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments
The Risk Manager is responsible for coordinating risk activities within the Governance Facility.
The post holder will work closely with the Directors and the various Units across the Program to provide support and guidance in the development and implementation of risk plans and processes, to support the Program achieve its objectives. The post holder will report to the PGF CEO but will take guidance from the PGF Strategic Risk Advisor, in the development of more enhanced risk management approaches to managing the Facility’s risk profile and in encouraging innovation across all of the Facility’s activities.
This pivotal coordination role will
• Provide high quality services for all risk aspects across the Governance Facility
• Quality assure risk processes and outputs across the program
• Promote learning and develop the capacity of program staff, support teams and local partners to effectively respond on risk and control evidence
• Establish and manage a high quality team of PGF risk champions to provide support for the above objectives
The successful candidate will bring:
• 5 or more years’ practical experience working with project teams to develop and roll out innovative risk management approaches; preferably applied in large scale, multi-disciplinary, highly flexible programs
• Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods with understanding of modern risk management approaches in an enterprise wide context
• Understanding of modern management system thinking, including, the application of business performance frameworks and evaluation
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective teams and lead collaboration, especially in a cross cultural context
For Further Information and Application Details
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at: http://jtai.turborecruit.com.au/job/job_details_view.cfm?id=959491
Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1 August 2016 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women.