The Risk Management Institute of Australasia (RMIA) is the leading professional institution and industry association for Risk Managers in the Asia Pacific region. We have a rich thirty-year pedigree in servicing the professional development needs of our membership base which spans both private and public enterprise, as well as all major sectors of the economy.
Our Purpose is to promote recognition and reward for risk management professionals and deliver to our members:
- Cutting edge education and professional development, Recognised certification of professional standards, competency and ethics, The opportunity to network with the Australasian and global risk management communities,
- Value added services which benefit members careers, business and personal development.
- Risk Management is the systematic approach to protecting the things that we care about and maximising our chances of success in all fields of endeavor.
Why do we matter?
Our mission at the RMIA is to lead the risk management field in striving for excellence in the profession, setting high standards for professional competencies and acting as a guiding body for industry regulations, competencies and ethics.
Our vision at the RMIA is to work towards strengthening the network of Risk Professionals in the Asia Pacific region, ultimately seeking to encourage greater professional development, education opportunities and career progression opportunities for our members.
Members of the RMIA cover every sector of the community and economy segmented into the following broad categories:
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Engineering and Construction
- Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Management Consulting, Education and Training
- Mining and Resources
- Not for Profit
- Security and Cyber Risk
- Utilities and Services
RMIA facilitates linkages between Members and offers continuing professional development opportunities via our Annual Conference, Risk Odyssey Conferences, Best Practice Guides, Special Interest Groups, Chapter Networking events and Education programs.